St. John International School Admission Guidelines
Admission is possible throughout the year based on the school’s schedule, the suitability of the programme for your child at the intended admission time and availability of places.
Step 1 : Make an application
1. Submit the completed & signed application form with the documents listed below:
a) A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
b) A copy of the applicant’s NRIC
c) A copy of the most recent school results or report / academic certificate
d) A recent colour passport-size photograph of applicant
e) Application Fee of RM400.00 for the placement test
2. Application fee can be paid via cash or credit card. Payment for the Placement Test of RM400.00 is non-refundable even if the applicant does not attend the test.
3. Upon receipt of the above mentioned an appointment will be made to assess the child to determine acceptance and placement of the child.
4. Please note that submission of an application does not guarantee a place until the completion of the entire admission procedure.
5. The submission of false, inaccurate or misleading information could lead to a rejection of your application for enrolment in the School. Parents must at all times inform the School of any changes to such information.
Step 2 : Assessment/Placement Test
1. The School will schedule a Placement Test for all prospective students. The purpose of the placement test is to ensure that students meet all the educational requirements.
2. An email will be sent to the applicant’s parents stating the specific date and time of the test.
3. Admission of a student into the school is subject to availability of places and an applicant’s satisfactory placement test results.
4. All forms of assessments conducted are the property of the School and will be kept private and confidential. The School reserves the right not to reveal the details of the assessment results.
Step 3 : Application Outcome
1. Parents will be notified of the application status within a few days after the placement test date.
2. Successful application: A confirmed seat will be offered in the School. Parents need to proceed for the next step which will be Enrollment.
3. If the year’s group is filled, the applicant’s name will be placed on a waiting list. The applicant will be offered a place as soon as a place becomes available at the discretion of the School.
4. The acceptance of the enrollment will only be confirmed following a full payment of the Registration Fee, Deposit, 1 Term School Fee & Miscellaneous Fees.
5. The successful applicant must meet the requirements set for the enrolment process, otherwise the place will be offered to others.
Step 4 : Enrollment
1. Upon receiving the payment, which confirms the acceptance of the placement, parents will receive a Student Handbook and Registration Check List from the School Office.
International Students Application
Submit the application form together with the documents listed below:
a) A copy of the applicant’s passport biographical page & valid visa page
b) A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate (Translated into English)
c) A recent colour passport-size photograph of applicant
d) A Copy of the most recent school results or report / academic certificate
e) Application Fee of RM400.00 for the placement test
International students studying in the International School in Malaysia will need a Dependant Pass, MM2H Visa, or an International Student Visa from the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
If the child is under the care of an appointed Guardian, parents are then required to provide a copy of the Guardian’s passport biographical page and valid visa page. And the Guardian visa application is also the responsibility of the parents.
Student Visa Processing
The school will provide assistance for the International Student Visa application. A detailed application checklist for the student visa application will be given to the respective parents/guardian.
The International Student Visa applications can only be processed if all required documents listed in the International Student Visa Application Checklist is received in full.
The process of getting a student visa application approved will take approximately 1-2 months.
All required fees need to be paid in full before the school will start with the processing of the Student Visa.
For further information, please contact the School Admissions Office:
ST JOHN’S INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Lot 145, Jalan Bukit Nanas
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel No: 03-2034 1288/1788
Fax No: 03-2034 158
Website : www.sjis.edu.my
PRE-UNIVERSITY PROGRAMME – GCE A LEVEL
1. Submit the completed application form and scholarship form (for applicant who meets the
requirement and entitled for SJIS Scholarship) with the documents listed below:
a) A Copy of SPM Trial /IGCSE Trial Examination Results / Certified letter from relevant
authority for applicant who does not have Trial Examination Results (for Private Candidates).
b) A copy of Actual SPM/IGCSE Exam Results (when available)
c) 4 recent passport-sized photos
d) A copy of IC
e) Copy of Certificates/Testimonials from clubs and associations (if available)
f) Registration and Application Fees of RM550 (Non-Refundable)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS-
a) A copy of IGCSE Examination Result / Secondary School Results & Certificate (for
International students who have qualifications other than IGCSE)
b) A copy of the applicant’s passport biographical page & valid visa page.
c) A copy of parents’ passport biographical page & valid visa page.
d) A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate (Translated into English).
e) Registration and Application Fees of RM2200 (Non-Refundable)
2. Upon meeting the entry requirements and payment of Registration and Application Fees,
Offer Letter will be issued to confirm admission.
3. Fees payment (Term 1 school fees, Miscellaneous & Deposit) must be made within 2 weeks upon issuance of offer letter.
4. Upon receiving fees payment, Admissions department will provide details of the commencement date. Students can download the Timetable and Academic Calendar at the SJIS website.
Get Application Form
Please fill in your email address and the form will be sent to your email. Once you complete the form forward it with payment to SJIS